Rotation – To ensure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
Vacuuming – Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
Padding – A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear, and slippage.
Spot and Spill Procedures – Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set:
- First, soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent material. Do not brush or rub the stain
- Then, spot-clean with a mild detergent-white vinegar-water solution. Do not over wet.
- Rinse area thoroughly with water and a small amount of vinegar. Avoid wetting the rug’s backing
- Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed
- Allow to air dry. A fan or cool hair dryer can be used to hasten the drying process.
- For stains that do not come out using these methods, call for expert advice from one of our Victoria Carpet Care cleaning specialists.
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Carpet Repairs and Restretching, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Rug Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning
Victoria Carpet Care is happy to provide our Carpet, Upholstery and Area Rug Cleaning Services to all of Greater Victoria, Sooke, Metchosin, Langford, Colwood, Saanich, View Royal, Esquimalt, Cordova Bay, Fairfield and Oak Bay.