· For large beer stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
· Blot up beer spills with a white towel or paper towel.
· Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
· Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
· Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
· If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
· Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
· Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
· Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
· If the beer stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, colorfast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
· Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
· If beer stain remains, proceed to Step 2.
Do NOT use on coffee, tea or urine stains.
· Mix 2 tablespoons of non-bleaching, non-sudsing household ammonia with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
· Apply ammonia solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
· Do not dry with paper towels. Proceed to Step 3 to neutralize the ammonia solution.
· Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
If you’d like to have your carpets completely cleaned—removing allergens, bacteria and pollutants—then we invite you to give us a call at 250-474-7777. Our Victoria Carpet Care trained customer service staff would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have regarding carpet cleaning and schedule a free Carpet Evaluation to determine what your exact needs are to care for your home.
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Carpet Repairs and Restretching, Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning
Kind words and reviews for VICTORIA CARPET CARE:
"We had our rugs cleaned by Russ in December and were very pleased at how clean they came and how they stayed clean much longer than when we used to rent a shampooer and do it ourselves. I've recommended Russ and I'm ready to book him again!" Susan D, Victoria BC
“Great customer care skills and excellent results. I would highly recommend Russ if anyone is looking to get those carpets cleaned.” Lee Cassells
“Russ Sheriff comes highly recommended we have used Russ to clean our carpets and also he cleaned our tile grout, so that the tile floor looked brand new again. I have used Russ for many years now for our home and rental properties and he always gets the job done right. Russ is very professional and a great guy. Give Russ a try for your next carpet cleaning job.” Sandy Higgins, Metchosin
“Russ delivers on his promise to provide the best cleaning ever!” Del Elgersma, Beacon Law Centre