· For large tea stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
· Blot up liquid tea spills with a white towel or paper towel.
· Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
· Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
· Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
· If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the tea stain.
· Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
· Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
· Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
· If the coffee stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, color-fast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
· Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
· If tea stain remains, proceed to Step 2.
· Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
· Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
How Often Should You Have Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned:
Experts and carpet manufactures recommend that carpets be professionally deep cleaned every 6 to 12 months. Carpet is the biggest air filter in your home. Regular deep down cleaning will remove tremendous amounts of dirt and soil along with dust mites, dust mite feces, (which many people are allergic to) bacteria, smoke, pollens and many other pollutants from your carpet.
Regular cleaning will also help your carpets last years longer by removing tremendous amounts of particulate matter from your carpets. This particulate matter (missed by vacuuming) is like sand paper cuts your carpet fibers every time you walk across your carpets. Regular cleaning, every 6 to 12 months, will help your carpets last longer, improve your homes indoor air quality to help give you a healthier home and sparking clean carpet.
Our Victoria Carpet Care Cleaning Specialists are more than happy to answer any of your carpet care questions! Call Victoria Carpet Care at 250-474-7777 for a FREE evaluation on your cleaning needs.
Victoria Carpet Care offers all of these great services: High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning