I’m sure you want your carpets sparkling clean after such a busy time of year. They look beautiful for all your friends, family and guests. Just imagine welcoming all your holiday company with bright, soft, fluffy, clean carpets.
Carpet can last a very long time when it is properly maintained and cared for. I’ve seen carpets that were 20 years old that looked brand new because they were well cared for! On the other hand I’ve seen relatively new carpet that looked 20 years old because no one was caring for it properly.
Contact our friendly staff to book an appointment or FREE quote ~ 250.474.7777
We have been helping residents in Victoria, Langford, Colwood, View Royal, Oak Bay, Esquimalt, Saanich, Uplands, James Day, Cordova Bay, Cadbora Bay, Fairfield, Metchosin and Sooke with there cleaning needs since 2002. Check out our website for testimonials... you might just know them!
Here are the 6 ways you can extend the life and beauty of your carpet:
- Have people remove their shoes. Post a polite sign on the door if you have to. This is one of the biggest ways you can start saving your carpet today!
- Vacuum frequently. Your frequency will depend on the level of foot traffic and amount of people and pets in your home. But you can NEVER vacuum too much.
- Keep pet accidents to a minimum. NOTHING ruins carpets faster than urine. Do whatever you have to do to keep the accidents off the carpet.
- Clean spots and spills immediately. But DON’T use any of the do it your self “carpet cleaning” products you see advertised on the TV. These products are the fastest way to a big, dirt attracting, sticky residue spot. Simply use very hot tap water with some mild detergent (no bleach agents) and clean, white, dry rags. Soak and blot. Never rub.
- Get your carpets professionally cleaned every 6-12 months. NOTHING extends the life of your carpet like this step. Even dirt you cannot see can be deep inside the carpets breaking down and wearing the fibers. It’s the only way to prevent permanent traffic lanes and wear patterns. Remember this rule of thumb: Clean before your carpet LOOKS dirty to prevent wear and tear – it’s time not dirt that you should judge by.
- Get your carpet professionally protected at least every other cleaning. The factory finish is removed with wear and cleanings. This finish is a protective barrier between your carpet and soils, oils, stains and general wear and tear. Ignoring this step will shorten the life span of your carpet considerably.