Accidents do happen, and when they do the best defense is to be prepared. Know how to handle spots before they happen. In the time frame of this message it will not be possible to cover all of the many substances that can be dropped on your carpet and how to get each one out. So we will cover the principles of effective spot removal. Please note: Before applying any solution to your carpet, test in an inconspicuous area, such as inside a closet. If discoloration occurs, do not use.
For large juice stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
· Blot up juice spills with a white towel or paper towel.
· Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent (non bleaching) with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
· Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
· Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
· If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
· Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
· Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
· Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
· If the juice stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, colorfast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
· Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
· If there is some color remaining, it may be necessary to call in a Victoria Carpet Care professional carpet cleaner who can use more specific and more potent products to attempt removal.
A great resource is a video we made on how to remove red wine from carpet. Many of the same principles may be used on juice spills: Click here: HOW TO REMOVE RED WINE FROM CARPET VIDEO
Call Victoria Carpet Care today for a FREE Quote: 250-474-7777
Victoria Carpet Care offers all of these great services: Carpet Repairs, Carpet Re-Stretching, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning.
Victoria Carpet Care is happy to provide our Carpet, Upholstery and Area Rug Cleaning Services to all of Greater Victoria, Sooke, Metchosin, Langford, Colwood, Saanich, View Royal, Esquimalt, Cordova Bay, Fairfield and Oak Bay.